In our largest Theatre Café Festival yet, we are presenting events with Imploding Fictions (Oslo), GRIPS Theater (Berlin & Frankfurt), and De Toneelmakerij (Amsterdam). York is the first event, taking place at the end of February 2014.
Theatre Cafe York featured texts from Tiago Rodrigues (Portugal), Fredrik Brattberg (Norway), Martin Baltscheit (Germany), Peer Wittenbols (Netherlands), Saviana Stanescu (Romania) and Holger Schober (Austria), as well as a guest production of Titus and work by Young Angels Award finalists Action To The Word and Hal Chambers & Zoe Squire.
– Tiago Rodrigues: Sadness and Joy in the Life of Giraffes (Portugal)
– Fredrik Brattberg: The Returning (Norway)
– Saviana Stanescu: White Embers (Romania)
– Martin Baltscheit: Heading for High Ground (Germany)
– Peer Wittenbols: Watchdog (Netherlands)
– Holger Schober: My Mother Medea (Austria)
– 6 response plays by the rising stars of British playwriting and Friday
– a performance of macrobert’s award-winning Titus, which took the Edinburgh Fringe by storm this summer
– open discussions of the work with the writers and translators
– a public debate – Europe: a cultural or financial union?
– performances by Action To The Word and Hal Chambers & Zoe Squire, the finalists of the Young Angels Theatremakers Award 2014
– a networking lunch and evening meal on both Thursday